TERMS & CONDITIONS
The Astute Artist Terms & Conditions apply to everyone who registers for this course and should be read carefully and in full before starting the first module:
- Course participants aged under 18 should have permission from a parent/guardian to proceed. This course is supplied in an online environment and participants will need basic computer skills and access to a computer that runs a current operating system with reliable, high-speed Internet access.
- The course is available in English only.
- Participants are required to provide accurate personal details and notify The Astute Artist of any contact changes that occur while working through the course.
- Participants are required to pay the course fee upfront. Enrolment will be complete when registration and the fee payment have been applied.
- Several payment options are offered, including Credit Card, PayPal and Afterpay. It is the responsibility of each participant to ensure that payment commitments to relevant institutions are met.
- The Astute Artist will provide a tax receipt for course fees paid.
- Refunds will only be issued in extenuating circumstances if requested within 7 days of course commencement, and at the discretion of the course creators. No refund will be provided after 7 days of the course commencement date.
- The Astute Artist course comprises 6 modules with no set start and finish times. Each module will take around one hour to read through, with checklists and a resource list designed to be followed up in your own time.
- Participants can register for the full 6 modules and have the option to register for the first 3 or last 3 modules.
- The course is non-accredited and modules are not assessed – the time taken to complete the course is entirely up to each participant and access will be provided until the final module has been completed.
- The course can be started as soon as registration is complete and the fee has been paid. Once a module has been completed, access to the following module will be granted.
- In order to maximise the knowledge gained from each module, course participants will be required to do some independent research.
- Participants are required to provide feedback, or details of any issues with the course modules, to The Astute Artist in the first instance. Please refer to the Contact tab on the Home page of this website or email email@example.com with any queries – a response will be sent within 24 hours.
- Course registration is not transferable.
- The course modules and downloadable pdfs are intended for each registered participant only. Course participants may not share, communicate, publish or in any manner distribute to other parties The Astute Artist course login and password, module content, references, links or any other materials.
CONFIDENTIALITY & PRIVACY
The Astute Artist is committed to making every effort to keep your details secure and there will be no unauthorised use, modification, reproduction or disclosure of your details. All information you provide is considered highly confidential and will not be sold or shared with any third party.
Upon completion of this course, you will be asked to provide feedback. We may ask to use content from your feedback in our marketing materials, however, this will not be done without your written permission. You will also have the option to subscribe to our newsletter at any time.
The Astute Artist is a registered business. All course content remains the intellectual property of The Astute Artist and must not be reproduced in any way without prior permission from the course creators, Lisa Doust and Wilamina Russo.
The information shared within this course is for educational purposes only. The Astute Artist provides no guarantee that anyone participating in this course will sell their artwork, be signed by an art gallery, have their art featured in a print or digital publication or operate a successful small business.